Be Alright operates entirely through community involvement. We would love your support in any form!
- Events take place in various locations throughout the city of Chicago. Common locations include Greenhouse Shelter, Apna Ghar Shelter, The Hideout, ARCC Ballet and Dance, and more!
- Contact us via our "Be In Contact" section to let us know that you are interested in volunteering.
- Families and groups are welcome!
- The founder of Be Alright, Dr. Sonia Oyola, has mentored multiple interns as they discover their own supportive role in the domestic violence prevention community.
- Intern goals and schedules are flexible, as long as the primary purposes of service and support are attained. Potential interns must be sensitive, compassionate and considerate.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our "Be In Contact" section for more information.
- Be Alright has always been completely volunteer-based. With donations, the organization has been able to fund several focused projects including a new water heater for Apna Ghar Shelter, complete window blinds for Greenhouse Shelter, books for a children's activity room, the 2011 Holiday Party, and more.
- Please consider donating to Be Alright via our "Be In Contact" section! Any amount is greatly appreciated. Your generosity will go far!
SU CASA FUNDRAISER
NOVEMBER 15, 2016
@ THE HIDEOUT
1354 W. Wabansia
5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
As some of you may know, I was recently asked and accepted a board member position for Su Casa Catholic Worker House. This organization and shelter is dear to my heart for many reasons as it is one of the few shelters allowing for survivors of domestic violence to reside up to a year. Most shelters only allow for a 3 month stay which, as you’ve already imagined, allows for very little time to gather oneself, reflect and start anew. This organization’s mission is to alleviate poverty, hunger and homelessness for families in great need. The other reason Su Casa holds a special place in my heart is because when I first walked in 2yrs ago, it really did feel like someone’s home instead of a temporary shelter. Believe me when I share that creating something like this, is extremely rare and very special. The mothers and their children currently living at Su Casa, feel safe and loved because of the support of donors/advocates just like you.
Please help us keep Su Casa open and well-maintained, by joining us at our 1st Fall Fundraiser on Tuesday, November 15th at the historic Hideout from 5 to 7:30pm.
Here’s the Eventbrite and Facebook URLs where you will be able to buy a ticket/s and donate directly toward our cause: (Please share these with your family, friends and facebook… I know there are many in all of our circles who are ready to help.)
Here's the Eventbrite url:
And the FB page:
Thank you so much for everything you do and hope to see you on the 15th!
CLICK BELOW TO DONATE DIRECTLY TO BE ALRIGHT