Be Alright operates entirely through community involvement. We would love your support in any form!
- Events take place in various locations throughout the city of Chicago. Common locations include Greenhouse Shelter, Apna Ghar Shelter, The Hideout, ARCC Ballet and Dance, and more!
- Contact us via our "Be In Contact" section to let us know that you are interested in volunteering.
- Families and groups are welcome!
- The founder of Be Alright, Dr. Sonia Oyola, has mentored multiple interns as they discover their own supportive role in the domestic violence prevention community.
- Intern goals and schedules are flexible, as long as the primary purposes of service and support are attained. Potential interns must be sensitive, compassionate and considerate.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our "Be In Contact" section for more information.
- Be Alright has always been completely volunteer-based. With donations, the organization has been able to fund several focused projects including a new water heater for Apna Ghar Shelter, complete window blinds for Greenhouse Shelter, books for a children's activity room, the 2011 Holiday Party, and more.
- Please consider donating to Be Alright via the PayPal button below! Any amount is greatly appreciated. Your generosity will go far!
2017 Back to School
It's that time of year again....the 2017 Be Alright Back to School Backpack Drive is live and ready for your help! This year, there are 164 kids and teens (and counting) on this list who really need your generous support. These are young people surviving domestic violence and living in seven DV Chicago-area shelters and even one shelter in Cusco, Peru.
How can you help? You can either write your name next to the child/ren you're able to support, shop for their supplies and drop the backpack at one of three local businesses or you can make a donation through our PayPal account and our volunteers will shop for your sponsored child/ren and make sure they have everything they need for the first day of school.
Every year, we are blown away by your love, support and generosity so many thanks in advance. We appreciate and love you all very much!!
Please click the link below for sign up sheet and CPS supply list.
CLICK BELOW TO DONATE DIRECTLY TO BE ALRIGHT